This specification describes a specific implementation of the Direct Consortial Borrowing: Broker Application Manages Transaction Application Profile (DCB-3).
In this scenario a user interface (ex. web page with backend) takes the role of a broker between the end user and the local library system. In order to support a number of specific use cases in this scenario, various NCIP services have to be implemented.
Through the general user interface the end user will be able to:
- Get an overview of his or her requested and loaned items and fiscal account information from one or more local libraries
- Cancel his or her requests made through bibliotek.dk and/or one or more local libraries
- Renew items borrowed from one or more libraries (including items borrowed from other libraries, ILL)
- Request items owned by his or her own library
- User Authenticate when requesting e.g. through bibliotek.dk (described in previously published guidelines)
- Register borrower in a local library based on registration in another library
This page forms part of the publication 'NCIP Implementation Guidelines: Collaboration between General User Interfaces being Brokers and Local Library Systems' as chapter 2 of 7
Publication may be found at the address http://www.bibliotekogmedier.dk/fileadmin/publikationer/publikationer_engelske/danzig/danzig06/index.htm